1.3

RentPayment.com is mandated by my landlord; any other method incurs a transaction fee.I had been paying using settings that specified withdrawal on the 2nd of every month for a year.

Rent is due the 3rd. It worked for a year. But yesterday I was notified by my landlord that I owed $75 late fee because the payment arrived two days late, on the 5th. I sent my landlord a screen image of settings in my account that confirmed they were correct.

It took two phone calls to motivate a (Philippines-based call center) employee to call my property manager to confirm the problem was theirs. But then my property manager asked them to send an email confirming what they had conveyed verbally. They agreed, but then failed to deliver by the deadline. Because my credit record was at risk, I took took the trouble of making two more calls to get the promised email language sent.

Most painful, the first email, that was finally sent three hours after they agreed deadline, did not directly admit culpability. It took a second phone call and then finally their second email to get their verbal admission in writing. I wasted five hours on this. Two PDFs of emails included.

Name of property manager and tenant (me) redacted.The filenames document each, i.e., one is the email that didn't actually admit the problem was theirs, while the other is their last email that finally did fess up.

Review about: Rentpayment Payment Solution.

Reason of review: Wasted 5 hours of my time to defend my credit record.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Horrible website, Unwillingness to follow through on promise, Poor understanding of english.

Comments